Main purpose of Job
To provide support across the Accounts department gaining a broad range of general accounting experience and getting exposure in Purchase Ledger and Credit Control. While carrying out the role will be expected to study towards an Accounting qualification.
Key Accountabilities and Objectives
- Journal preparation using Excel and Navision
- Bank reconciliation
- Stock valuation
- General administrative and ad hoc projects for Accounts Department
- Managing data on the Merridale system
- Raising sundry sales invoices
- Assisting purchase ledger department with coding invoices, filing, input and statement reconciliation.
- Assisting credit control with filing and report preparation.
- Conduct any other reasonable request associated with this job function or the smooth running of the department.
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Competent in MS Office Excel to intermediate level or above
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise appropriately
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and listen
- Strong team player
- Degree in a numerate subject is preferable
Working times/hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 0900-1700, including 1 hour unpaid for lunch.
Salary dependent on experience and aptitude.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: 9% non-contributory pension, 20 days holiday plus Birthday Holiday and Bank Holidays, bike to work scheme, corporate gym membership and Death in Service Benefit.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.