- Handling incoming calls and email enquiries
- Resolving customer queries with a high level of customer service
- Guiding customers through their purchase and providing advice as needed
- Sourcing and pricing of materials
- Creating and following up quotations
- Recording all customer interactions on the CRM system
- Order processing
- Supporting Field Sales Representatives as required
- Offering support to other members of the team when required
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a sales position, preferably with a background in the Building and Construction Industry and possess the following skills and attributes:
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and applications, including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Be highly organised with good attention to detail
- Have a proactive and positive attitude
- Be a confident and effective communicator, both written and verbally
- Works well as part of a team, but equally capable of managing own time and workload
- Knowledge of building/construction materials and aggregates would be beneficial but is not essential.
Complete product and systems training will be provided.
Working times/hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:00, including 1 hour unpaid for lunch.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: an employer pension contribution of 9%, recruitment referral bonus, ‘Death in Service’ benefit; 20 days paid annual leave, which are in addition to the Bank Holidays. Plus, you get your Birthday off, paid! The Company also offers an Employee Assistance Program, a ‘Bike to work’ scheme and special membership rates at 100’s of gyms.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.