- Be the first point of contact for new and existing B2B and B2C customers by handling incoming customer calls and email enquiries
- Build and maintain positive business relationships, both internally and externally
- Resolve customer queries, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
- Sourcing & pricing of materials
- Creation, amendment, follow up & closure of quotations in our CRM system
- Order processing
- Supporting field sales representatives as required
- Preparation and posting of material samples
- General office duties
- Offering support to other members of the department when required
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a sales position, preferably with a background in the Building or Construction Industry and possess the following skills and attributes:
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and applications, including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Be highly organised with good attention to detail
- Have a proactive and positive attitude
- Be a confident and effective communicator, both written and verbally
- Works well as part of a team, but equally capable of managing own time and workload
- Knowledge of building/construction materials and aggregates would be beneficial but is not essential.
Complete product and systems training will be provided.
Working Hours: Full time (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:00 (including 1 hour unpaid for lunch).
After a successful probationary period, benefits will include:
- 9% non-contributory pension
- Bike to work scheme
- Corporate gym membership
- Death in Service benefit
- 20 days annual leave, increasing with length of service, plus Birthday and Bank Holidays
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.