Key Responsibilities and Objectives
- To promote, and adhere to, good safety practices.
- To be the Gatekeeper to the site.
- Deal with customer orders and queries.
- Sourcing third party haulage.
- Coordinate materials deliveries, collections and transfers.
- Schedule and allocate work to vehicles / drivers.
- Coordinate with other departments and depots to maximise vehicle earnings.
- Work towards reducing ‘empty load’ journeys for the drivers.
- Administration of vehicle earnings and driver wages.
- To practice and promote the four core values of the Company.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by a Supervisor or Line Manager.
- Be prepared to travel to and work at other Company depots.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team.
- Must relish a hectic environment.
- Motivated, dynamic and with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, especially on the telephone.
- Strong IT skills.
- A natural aptitude for Logistics.
Working times/hours: 46.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 0600 and 1800 plus 45 minutes unpaid for lunch, one in three Saturdays on rotation.
Salary dependent on experience .
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: an employer pension contribution of 9%, recruitment referral bonus, ‘Death in Service’ benefit; 20 days paid annual leave, which are in addition to the Bank Holidays. Plus, you get your Birthday off, paid! The Company also offers an Employee Assistance Program, a ‘Bike to work’ scheme and special membership rates at 100’s of gyms.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.