Key Responsibilities and Objectives
- To promote, and adhere to, good safety practices
- To be the Gatekeeper to the site
- Deal with customer orders and queries
- Sourcing third party haulage
- Coordinate materials deliveries, collections and transfers
- Schedule and allocate work to vehicles / drivers
- Coordinate with other departments and depots to maximise vehicle earnings
- Work towards reducing ‘empty load’ journeys for the drivers
- Administration of vehicle earnings and driver wages
- To practice and promote the four core values of the Company
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by a Supervisor or Line Manager
- Be prepared to travel to and work at other Company depots
- Must enjoy working as part of a team
- Must relish a hectic environment
- Motivated, dynamic and with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, especially on the telephone
- Strong IT skills
- A natural aptitude for Logistics
Working hours: 46.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 0600 and 1800 plus 45 minutes unpaid for lunch, one in three Saturdays on rotation.
Salary dependent on experience and aptitude.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: 9% non-contributory pension, 20 days holiday plus Birthday Holiday and Bank Holidays, bike to work scheme, corporate gym membership and Death in Service Benefit.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.