- To manage the Logistics Department as it strives to meet its core objectives, with special emphasis on safety
- Support and encourage the Logistics Managers
- Oversee the standard of customer care and the service they receive
- Utilising both the Company’s own class leading fleet of 180 lorries and trusted sub-contractors
- Develop the relationship with and standard of contract hauliers
- Oversee the recruitment, training and development of all Logistics staff
- Promote and facilitate continuous improvement in line with ISO9001 and ISO39001
- Review and improve business processes and use of the Company’s IT systems
- Travel to all Company locations to promote the Company’s values
- Report into and be accountable to the Director of Transport and Logistics
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Five or more years’ worth of senior management experience (processes and people)
- A track record in Logistics, preferably in the aggregates sector
- Comprehensive geographical knowledge of the south of England
- Be motivated, reliable and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- A high standard of work ethic with an eye for detail
- Great communication skills, both oral and written
- Keen to embrace responsibility
The Company’s values include pride, respect, security and excellence. As part of the interview process, you will be asked what these values mean to you.
Working times/hours: 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible weekend working, if and when required.
Salary dependent on experience.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: two discressionary bonus payments per year, an employer pension contribution of 9%, recruitment referral bonus, car allowance, ‘Death in Service’ benefit; 20 days paid annual leave, which are in addition to the Bank Holidays. Plus, you get your Birthday off, paid! The Company also offers an Employee Assistance Program, a ‘Bike to work’ scheme and special membership rates at 100’s of gyms.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.