Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental compliance monitoring and auditing of operations across the Group.
- Assisting in hosting audits of our sites by regulators and customers.
- Advising on satisfying requirements of the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016 and associated regulatory guidance.
- Managing new Permit applications, Variations and packaging waste processing and export accreditation applications.
- Developing management systems and other requirements to support Permits.
- Ensuring all abstraction and discharge licences are compliant.
- Maintaining the management systems and assisting in the continual improvement of Company sites and activities.
- Collating of, and reporting, waste returns to the Environment Agency.
- Environmental incident investigation and reporting.
- Liaising with departmental and senior managers and, where required, external consultants, on all environmental matters.
- Offering instruction and training on environmental compliance.
- Maintaining the Company’s statutory environmental registers.
- Participating and representing the company in industry groups.
- Leading the drive for continual environmental improvement.
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise appropriately.
- Previous experience in a permitting role or similar, preferably in a mineral/waste environment.
- A co-operative and flexible attitude within a team environment
- Proactive work ethic
- Full driving licence.
Desirable but not essential
- Environmental / Engineering / Science Degree.
- IEMA / NEBOSH / WAMITAB certificate or similar membership.
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems, ISO 14001:2015.
- Existing relationships with the Environment Agency permitting teams.
Working hours/days: 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday. However, flexibility will be required.
Salary dependent on experience and aptitude.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: 9% non-contributory pension, 20 days holiday plus Birthday Holiday and Bank Holidays, bike to work scheme, corporate gym membership and Death in Service Benefit.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.