Main Purpose of Job
Organise and perform Factory Production Control testing associated with the production of hydraulically bound mixtures.
- Routine inspections, sampling and testing and the production of compressive strength specimens
- Take part in research and development projects
- Physical material trials
Mandatory skills and person specification:
- Previous experience in a construction materials laboratory, an asphalt/ready mix concrete laboratory or as a site technician.
- Experience in granular materials sampling, particle size distribution testing and compressive strength testing is essential
- Flexible “can do” attitude
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Good organisational and time management skills
Working hours: 0600 to 1600 Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend and out of hours working to meet production requirements.
Salary dependent on experience and aptitude.
Benefits, after a successful probationary period, will include: an employer pension contribution of 9%; attendance bonus, a ‘Death in Service’ benefit; 20 days paid annual leave plus Saturday holidays, which are in addition to the Bank Holidays. Plus, you get your Birthday off, paid! The Company also offers an Employee Assistance Program, a ‘Bike to work’ scheme and special membership rates at 100’s of gyms.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.